Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ducklings!!

I was so excited when I got back from work yesterday, and found that the ducklings had started to hatch. I didn't want to mess around too much with them, but I counted 13 last night. She was still on top of them and I think there might be some more eggs under her.
We're very excited!!! They are so darn cute it's unbelievable. Can't wait to get home today and do hopefully a final count.
Pics and mabe video to follow when I get a chance.

Also in the joy of ducklings, I was sorry to see another 2 hens disappeared. I'm sure it's racoons. They must get to them during the day somehow, because they're locked up at night. So last night we were moving some el-nets around to completely enclose the coop area. Hopfully this will help. Will need to get up some more permanent solution and will work on that this weekend.

Busy days, are happy days. Especially when it's this kinda busy.