Sunday, April 3, 2011

This and That

I can’t believe this weekend is almost over. I have gotten a lot of things done, and feel pretty good about having had a very productive weekend.
I’m all set for the chicks to arrive, and really looking forward to that. Baby chicks are so much fun, although a lot of work. It’s all worth it.
Have tested and tried various recipes for lips balms and creams. I’m still in the test phase as I want it just right, but it’s looking good. I’m happy with the results so far. Have a couple of more things to try out, and then should be ready to go. I thought I had most of what I needed, but turns out I’m still missing quite a bit, so have placed a few orders to get all ingredients together. I really like using Mountain Rose Herbs. They have a great selection of organic oils and other things needed. Their customer service is also outstanding.

I wanted to do some labeling today for some of my lip balms, but turns out I have no access to the printer right now. Hubby just got a new computer and we still need to figure out how to set up the wireless network. Oh boy, needless to say we’re technically challenged these days. It’s just too much to keep up with. Have made an appointment with Geek Squad, and we’ll see if we can’t get it fixed. I’m sure it’s easy breezy for them. I’m afraid of touching too much, god forbid we loose the internet connection. Then I would be totally screwed.

Have been busy crocheting this past week, in front of the TV watching the news. No idle time ever. I’m making up some great facial cleaning pads in organic cotton. I use them all the time, and I figured why not make some. I’m sure plenty other people use them too, and might not have the time or know-how of how to make them. It’s real easy and perfect for in front of TV. You don’t really have to pay much attention.

I also got all the seeds in this weekend. I normally order all my seeds from Peaceful Valley, as they have a good selection of organic seed. Here is what I ended up with: Basil (Culinary blend), Basil (Genovese), Oregano, Brubank tomatoes, Beefsteak tomatoes, Cucumber (Straight Eight), Lettuce (Little Gems) and a new type of Lavender. I’m very curious about the Lavender. It’s called French Perfume Lavender. It’s a container variety that produces lovely, uniform, softly vase-shaped plants 12 inches tall. They are supposed to bloom the first year from seed, and the flowers are supposedly intensely fragrant. I can’t wait. I love lavender. It’s so useful for so many different things.
Now all that remains to be seen is if I can keep up with all this. I still need to get potatoes for setting. Got a couple of big Grow Bags that I will try for this.

Here’s a new listings in my Etsy shop that I uploaded today: