Sunday, January 22, 2012

New logo


For the longest time I've been working on the new logo for my business. Not being an experienced and avid Photoshop user it has created some frustration to say the least. But it's done, and pretty much finalized. Now I feel it's much more in tune with what I'm striving for in all regards, both craft wise and small farming wise, and it's also very connected to the business name. I realize the name is weird and strange, but somehow I can not get myself to change it. It just has to be it.

In the new logo I have combined the Tree of Life, the Pethro rune, and the distaff. The distaff and Pethro represent Frigg, the Norse goddess, whom my whole business and enterprise is named after. Frigg to me, encompasses so many qualities/attributes that are so important. She is the Norse goddess of marriage, childbirth, motherhood, wisdom, household management, weaving and spinning, to mention just a few. Her name means "beloved one". She is associated with the constellation the Orion's Belt which was known as Frigg's distaff/spinning wheel, upon which she winds the threads of fate and weaves the clouds. The Norse name for the planet Venus was Friggjastjarna 'Frigg's Star'. Friday is named after her.
Frigg was a goddess associated with married women. She was called upon by women to assist in giving birth to children, and Scandinavians used the plant Lady's Bedstraw (Galium verum) as a sedative, they called it Frigg's grass.
Frigg is a goddess who keeps us in touch with our intuitive nature and helps us make transitions and new beginnings. And as a goddess of love and divination, she helps keep our lives in alignment with our spiritual selves. I could go on and on, but trying to keep it short.

The Norse rune Pethro is often associated with Frigg. What it exactly means is still being discussed, dice-cup, chess piece, mystery, among others. I don't think the historians will ever agree. To me it relates to making your own choices and taking charge of your own destiny, among many other things.

And finally, the Tree of Life, which illustrates the idea that all life on earth is related, connecting all forms of creations, in all worlds.

So all in all, everything is now more in tune, and it feels so good to have it done. There might still be some tweaking, but not anything very noticeable. I wanted to have it all done by new years, so I could start  fresh, but it didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment