Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Felting spree

There are few things more fun than going in for a felting spree, and with that I mean having no plans on what to make or how it will come out. Me, no plans you ask? Yes, in this instance it's actually a blast having no plans.
I just finished a quick project, and going in, I had no idea whatsoever what I was going to make.
Normally I'm slightly anal when it comes to planning things out, and can spend days/months on planning, before actually doing anything or starting. I think this is a great way, at least for me, to just go crazy, let creation flow, with no end in sight. Quite exhilarating! Not to mention relaxing. :-)

Here is how I do it:
I walk into my sanctuary (craft room) Mind you it must be preheated so you feel cozy and not chilly. I little candle or incense doesn't hurt either. Then start looking at your stash. I was lucky enough to have some carded fiber ready. Then I realized I had balloons. Yay!!! And there were stockings!!! Another Yay!
For these crazy projects I like using a regular boot tray. It's great for catching soap/water, and can also be used for fulling, all depending on what kind of tray you have. The one I have can be used for anything.
I start filling my thermos with hot soapy water, then I start looking at the fiber. This time, with the balloons and stockings, I then proceeded to blow up a balloon. Then you just start adding fiber and away you go. The knee high stockings I had was too small for the projected I realized after starting, but luckily had some panty hoses on hand that did the trick.

With everything said and done, fulling finished, here is what I ended up with this time:

My felting spree pot!


No comments:

Post a Comment